What’s a portmanteau?
1. A large traveling bag, typically made of stiff leather and opening into two equal parts
2. A word blending the sounds and combining the meanings of two others, for example, motel or brunch
Hello and welcome to Miss Portmanteau! My name is Lara Olivia and I’m a Norweguese (half Norwegian, half Portuguese) portmanteau. A bit like a traveling bag, I grew up around the world. That’s 6 countries, 8 moves, 10 schools, at least 25 different flats and houses, and hundreds of planes back and forth with a very confused notion of what and where is home.
They call us third culture kids but I prefer to call myself a portmanteau, Miss Portmanteau. Today, I have found roots with my Greek husband in London, although I still travel frequently.
How long have you been blogging?
I started this blog in November 2016 as a place to share my passion for writing about food, travel and life in general. Although I haven’t been blogging for long, it’s already opened incredible doors I never would have thought possible.
I blog part-time and work freelance, and when I’m not writing for work, I’m writing for fun. Although my categories won’t change, my blog is constantly evolving as I learn and grow as a person, blogger and writer.
Who are your readers?
My readers are global millennials like me, looking for information and inspiration about where to eat, shop and travel.
It is truly incredible that people can now afford to do all these things more than ever before, but the growth in accessibility and demand raise big sustainability questions we must also address.
Food and travel responsibility is an important issue for everybody and I hope to use my platform to spread awareness and useful information on these topics.
How can I reach you?
Say hello at firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on any of my social media accounts (see links at the bottom of this page).
If you’d like to make me really happy, or just want to receive new post notifications by email, subscribe to my newsletter using the form in the sidebar.
For enquiries about working together, visit my work with me page.
Top 15 Blog Posts
- 30 Things to do Before Turning 30
- The Most Instagram-Worthy Places in Portugal
- How to Get a Table at Sushi Tetsu, London
- Maui’s Road to Hana: Road vs Destination
- The 12 Most Romantic London Restaurants
- Tips on Planning Your Hawaii Honeymoon
- 10 Things I Didn’t Know About Pregnancy
- Truffles 101: Top Ten Facts You Should Know
- The Only Mykonos Guide You Need
- Vienna City Guide: Sights, Food and Christmas Markets
- Top 20 Most Instagrammable Places in Vienna
- How I Became A Barry’s Bootcamp Hell Week Survivor
- Where To Find Paradise in Kefalonia, Greece
- Top 10 London Restaurants for Foodies
- 10 Beautiful Blogs to Discover
Miss Portmanteau uses affiliate links, which means that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Miss Portmanteau is also a participant in the Amazon Associates and Influencers Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
All posts are written by me, Lara Olivia. All photographs are my own unless otherwise stated. Please ask permission in advance if you would like to use my work.