40 things I hope to achieve before I’m 40
This post is a follow-up to 30 Things to Do Before Turning 30, which looked back at the life goals and fun things I achieved before hitting the big 3-0. Now it’s time to look forward and consider the things I still haven’t done…
When you measure your life accomplishments and goals against your age, it can be eye-opening. We put so much pressure on ourselves to be great in our 20s only to realise in our 30s that everyone has their own pace. It’s really not about how many years you’ve been on this planet.
We all start out with different advantages and disadvantages. But if you really want something bad enough and are prepared to work hard for it, skies the limit. While I ticked off a lot of travel goals and other achievements in my 20s, there is still so much I want to do. And that’s fantastic! How boring would it be to have done and seen it all before my first grey hair?
These are my personal bucket list, so yours will no doubt be different. But why not make your own list? Writing bucket list goals for 40 made me realise a few things. That while we’re not young forever, life is far from over. Most likely, I’ll be writing another list like this in my 50s, 60s, and so on. As long as I have a mind and body, there will always be new things to see, learn, eat, do, and enjoy.
- Eat at the Araki, London’s 3* Michelin Japanese sushi restaurant
- Eat at Fat Duck by Heston Blumenthal
- Feast outdoors by campfire
- Go fishing and eat my own catch!
- Finally learn to cook potato dauphinoise properly…
- Bake my own bread like grandma
- Make pasta from scratch
- Go truffle hunting in Italy
- Attend more supper clubs
- Eat at chef’s table
- See the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) in Iceland
- Go on a hiking adventure in New Zealand
- Bathe in the volcanic hot springs of the Azores
- Visit Patagonia and drive over the Salt Flats
- Go to Bali on a Wellness Retreat
- Kayak and snorkel in the crystal waters of Palawan, the Philippines
- Explore the city of Copenhagen
- Marvel at Meteora in Greece
- Get to know Hong Kong
- Spend Christmas in New York
- Become a mother
- Keep to a gym routine
- Practice yoga regularly
- Read a book once a month
- Go on a writer’s retreat
- Buy my first car
- And learn to parallel park
- Pay off the mortgage
- Reduce plastic use and waste
- Reduce stress through meditation
- Do a Creative Writing Masters
- Take a photography course
- Work freelance
- Write a novel
- Publish a book
- Win a blog award
- Win a writing competition
- Start an investment portfolio
- Have a book made into a movie
- Have 1 million blog followers
What are your life goals before 40? Share them in the comments below!
Featured Image Photo Credit: Pexels
I’m working on publishing a 30 Before 30 and I too hope to publish a book! Hopefully within the next few years!
Rachel || anotherstationanothermile.com