I’ve been nominated by Anna from Fit & Classy for the Awesome Blogger Award. Thank you, Anna!
Anna is a woman on a mission to get fit and cut the excuses that stop so many of us from reaching our goals. She has been getting up at the crack of dawn lately to go for runs and even finds time to hit the gym in the afternoons. Oh and did I mention she is also a mother?!
The nomination is just a little something by bloggers for bloggers, in order to help spread awareness of our blogs and get a little recognition for all the hard work we put in. Blogging looks easy until you try it! It’s also a fun way to get to know us a little better!
What is the Awesome Blogger Award?
This award was created by Miss Maggie over at Dreaming of Guatemala! And she says:
This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
Rules of This Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you & include the reason behind the award.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
1. How do you start your day?
With a big cup of coffee!
2. What is your biggest achievement, what is it that you’re proud of yourself most?
Quitting my job to pursue my dreams. Sounds corny but it was a huge and difficult decision. I had a career in energy research, a stable income, bright prospects. But I wasn’t fulfilled and I was lying to myself that it was all ok. Changing path has been liberating and life-changing. Literally a whole new world has opened up to me that I didn’t see before. I’m meeting new people, learning new skills, and most importantly, loving every minute of what I do.
3. List 5 things you like about yourself.
- My humour, even if only my fiance shares it.
- My adaptability, I went to 12 schools growing up, that’ll toughen anyone up!
- My tenacity, close friends and family call me the trier because I never give up.
- My bravery, I do things that scare me on a regular basis. It might sound crazy but I believe this to be really healthy! The more fears you face up to, the smaller they become, the easier life gets.
- My empathy, I always put myself in the other person’s shoes to try to understand their point of view. I know we are different, but that doesn’t mean we can’t empathize, understand and accept our differences.
4. What is your talent?
Writing! Isn’t that obvious?
5. What is your dream place? Where would you love to spend the rest of your life (if you had all the money and everything you needed)?
That’s two questions! If money was no object, I would buy a house in Mykonos for summer and another in Portugal for winter. I could never stay in the same place for the rest of my life. I don’t know what that is. The longest I’ve lived in any one country is six years. My family are in Athens and Lisbon, so I’d want to be close to them.
6. Food you’re absolutely crazy about.
Oh my god, I have a serious thing for hotdogs and donuts. I don’t even want to talk about it. It’s a problem 😛
7. What’s your favourite holiday destination and why?
Mykonos. My fiance is from Mykonos and we’ve been going there every summer together since we fell in love. For me is it always a place of relaxation and romance. It’s where my fiance proposed and where we are getting married… in three weeks! It’s crazy.
8. When it comes to clothes and shopping, is there any particular piece of clothing or a piece of accessory, you can never miss (something you’re particularly crazy about)?
I’m definitely a shoe-a-holic and much more reasonable with clothes. I do big shopping sprees every once in a while rather than go to the shops on a regular basis. When I get started it’s hard to stop. I need that and I want that and oh that is so cute. So I limit my visits!
9. Who is your inspiration?
That’s a very good question. I’m inspired by a lot of different people. But mostly women that have made it. To name just one, Jamila Rizvi. She is an Australian Journalist and Writer. I absolutely love her and have so much respect for this woman. If you don’t know her, check her out. She also just published a book worth every woman’s time called Not Just Lucky. I’ve had a very different path and life to Jamila but she is someone I aspire to be more like.
10. What makes you happy?
The little things 🙂
My nominations are all brilliant girls who I met at recent blogger networking events:
- Rosie from The Beach Bell
- Marle from Girl Almighty
- Jasmine from Afia and Jay
- Jodie from Hoff to Explore
- Esra from Designer Esra
And here’s my questions to you:
- If you could be born at any time of your choosing, past, present of future, when would that be and why?
- What’s your favourite movie and why?
- What is the one thing you cannot live without?
- What is your dream job?
- Who is the most important person in your life?
- What do you love most about travel?
- What was your most epic holiday like?
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- Kindle or paperback?
- Weirdest thing you ever ate?
XO Miss Portmanteau